HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Windburry

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:50 pm

Runway
Click Here to Download

This is a completely asymmetrical map inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner. The map consists of several rooms, each room is linked to the rooms around it by a number of paths.

A very large Prisoner-esque tube (The Runway) connects the main upper room and hallway to a perfect reiteration of the Shotgun room from Chill Out. From there you can choose a number of paths to go to the main room, located below the room where Invisibility Spawns, or to the room where Rocket spawns. You can follow a flight of stairs to find a mancannon that launches you to the Rocket or take a Teleport that leads you to an area in the main room. You could also follow 2 tunnels into a lower room where a Trip-Mine spawns and follow a teleport to the Upper Hallway beside the Invisibility Spawn room. From the upper hallway you can take the runway tube to the Mauler room, teleport to Mauler room, go down into the Invisibility Spawn room, or drop down into the Brute Shot room. From the Brute Shot room you can launch to the Rocket, teleport to the main room, or drop into the Trip-Mine room and head out the tunnels into the lower-Rocket room, or teleport to the Upper Hallway. From the upper hallway you can go to a number of paths, which have been mentioned - or you can head to the Invisibility Spawn room, jump across to the bridge which takes you down a tunnel and turn into the Mauler Room. If you so choose you can also jump on top of the Runway from Rocket Spawn or by crouching jump from the Upper Hallway, once on the top of the Runway you can jump to an upper area that over-looks the Main Room and Rocket Room.

There are 3 Sender and 3 Receiver Ports in Runway. A Sender port in the Upper Hallway takes you to a Receiver in the Mauler Room. A sender in the Brute Shot Room takes you to a Receiver in the Main Room beside the Bridge. A Sender in the Trip-Mine room takes you to a Receiver in the Upper Hallway.

Weapons/Equipment:

Invisibility - 90 Secs
Overshield - 60 Secs
Rocket - 150 Secs, 1 Clip
Hammer - 180 Secs
Mauler - 90 Secs, 1 Clip
Carbine - 30 Secs, 2 Clips
Needler - 30 Secs, 2 Clips
Brute Shot - 30 Secs, 2 Clips
Trip Mine - 120 Secs
Sniper Rifle - 90 Secs, 2 Clips
Plasma Grenades (4) - 10 Secs

As you can see the map is incredibly intricate. It is not your typical Forge map in any way.

When downloading the map you will also want to download Runway Slayer (A variant of Slayer designed for Runway), or create your own. Runway Slayer has shields and speed set to MLG settings, along with Primary Weapon: Battle Rifle and Secondary Weapon: Assault Rifle.

"This is one of the best Forge maps I have seen" - Krazy Kazi

"I'm not gonna lie, this map is great." - Big Spat

"Dude, this map is really nice." - xZonked

"I hate you." - Captain Mighty

"Wow, last night was amazing" - My fiance

"I didn't even say that, you made that quote up" - My fiance

-Windburry

At the request of MLG Forums an MLG Version has been created:

Click Here to Download Runway for MLG

or

Click Here to Download the original Runway
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windburry

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:51 pm

Also wanted to say hey to everybody. I'm new to these forums and thought they seemed really cool. I'm gonna start checking out your maps right now Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AlExThEgReAt22
Webmaster
Webmaster

Number of posts : 318
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:01 pm

Welcome!!!

Awesome map Qued
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://proforge.big-forum.net
Windburry

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:05 pm

Thanks man, I also see you like Family Guy, that show is hilarious Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
omar rodrigo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 120
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:15 pm

Quote :
"Dude, this map is really nice." - xZonked

"I hate you." - Captain Mighty

"Wow, last night was amazing" - My fiance

"I didn't even say that, you made that quote up" - My fiance

LOL lol! LOL

Hey it sounds really cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oTACTITIONo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:09 pm

Haha, nice Omar

I like the action pics Windburry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windburry

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:15 pm

lol thanks. Let me know what you think once you play it. I really recommend you check it out alone at first, because most likely you won't know where you are going or where the weapons are.

Which is actually a good thing.

The map will kind've remind you of Epitaph, in that you will be kind've lost at first, it's a lot like a real map - instead of being like a lot of other Forge maps. You have to learn your way around because you can't see all the way across.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windburry

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:28 pm

Over at Forgehub, I have spoken with some mods and it may be featured on the main page of Forehub.com soon Smile

Got over 100 downloads now with MLG and Original version
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Windburry

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:27 pm

So has anyone checked it out yet?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner   

Back to top Go down

Runway - Inspired by Chill Out and Prisoner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ProForge :: General :: Maps :: Fighting Maps-
Jump to: