Share | 

Thriller V2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dom says Oi

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Thriller V2   Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:19 pm

*NOTE: THIS HAS BEEN POSTED ON 2 OTHER SITES. I DO NOT KNOW THIS SITE, I AM NOT AWARE OF THE USERS ON IT, BUT PEOPLE ARE AWARE I HAVE MADE THIS MAP - DO NOT STEAL.*

Download Link: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=18496450

Thriller v2 Is now up, I have fixed issues that cause you to spawn next to other players, and redid territory sizes.

Forgers Note*: This map is the best I've made so far, hands down. It includes extensive use of the Interlocking glitch, and gives you a feel that If you could skin this it would be a mix of Epitaph and Isolation, which was what I was going for. Even if you don't like those maps, I'm sure you'll like this. KOTH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

"Inspired by Epitaph and Isolation. 2-6 Players FFA or 4-10 Players Team/Objective. Set up for Slayer, CTF, KOTH and Territories"

Thriller was first thought late at night while I was unable to sleep. The image popped into my head, and me, not wanting to lose it, ran to a computer and drew it crudely on MS Paint. The next day, I walked over to the computer, thought to myself, "WTF is this?", and promptly went back to sleep. Then I remembered, woke up, and proceeded to produce a layout to this agonizing piece of work. That was a about a month ago, and I just finished.

I had originally wanted to have to bases suspended in the air, with stairs climbing down to the bottom level. Due to massive material restraints, I had to restart construction of half the map 4 times. I'm quite happy with the new bases though, as they work well with the maps geometry.

Thriller is centered around a slope leading up to a leveled platform. On each side of the slope are elevations that are connected by a bridge suspended above the pre-slope area. On the elevations there are also two doors on each side, a fence wall in the middle, and a hole in which you can drop on unsuspecting players traversing through the walkways.. There are two bases on each side of the map, which can either lead to the pre-slope area (left), or a walkway leading to a lift that takes you to the leveled platform (right). There are also 2 way node teleporters connecting the two walkways located between the lift and the base.

Set up for any game variants located under Slayer, CTF, KOTH, or Territories. For CTF or any other game type I've mentioned that gives long respawns, change it to the normal 3sec respawn - this is a semi fast-paced map.

WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT
Assault Rifle x4 - 1 spare magazine - 45sec respawn
Battle Rifle x4 - 1 spare magazine - 45sec respawn
Shotgun x1 - No spare shells - 90sec respawn
Rocket Launcher x1 - No spare rocket. - 150sec respawn
Carbine x4 - 1 spare (magazine?) - 45sec respawn
Plasma Rifle x2 - Unchanged - 30sec respawn
Magnum x2 - Unchanged - 30sec respawn
Needler x2 - 1 spare awesomeness - 60sec respawn

Plasma Grenade x8 - 10sec respawn
Regenerator x2 - 90sec respawn
Bubble Shield x1 - 60sec respawn
Overshield x1 - 120sec respawn

PICTURES

Red team spawn

Blue team spawn

First Conflict

Top of the Hill

A view of one of the two Walkways

A lift in use

Elevation (Drop Hole in use)

One sided overview

ACTION SHOTS (more to come!)

Action Shot 1: Red team defends their land.

Action shot 2: I make good use of the suspended bridge to surprise my opponents from above.

Alas, I suck at taking pictures, so I'll show you all more tomorrow. All criticism is greatly encouraged - please be sure to DL, Rate, Comment, and refrain from steal.

On a last note, here's something to get you all into the mood to play this. I didn't make it, I just took it off of youtube because it's shorter version of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'. Make sure to listen to this while playing Mosh pit for full effect!

Thank you for your time, ProForge. Thriller V2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oTACTITIONo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Thriller V2   Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Looks pretty sweet man. What other 2 sites are you a member of?

Most recent Photoshop project:

Feel free to PM me if you want me to make a custom signature for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Turkey bag56
Private
Private

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Thriller V2   Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:38 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xEsCx 1nSaN1Ty
Forger
Forger

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Thriller V2   Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:14 am

This looks awesome. Check out my maps in my sig please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thriller V2   

Back to top Go down

Thriller V2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1