View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Havoc
Forger
Forger

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Open NAT?   Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Yea. I've searched EVERYWHERE and all I keep finding is 'forward your ports, forward your ports!' ...I DID forward my ports and it STILL isn't working! ;.; anybody got any info? Those with Cable connection and a router would be appreciated >_> thx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oTACTITIONo
HeadMaster
HeadMaster

Number of posts : 439
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Open NAT?   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:03 pm

Ok, I had this same problem and I will tell you what happened to me and how I fixed it.

My equipment:
I have a Comcast cable connection, I have a d-link router at one house, a linksys router at the other house, and I use a original xbox wireless adapter to sign on to xbox live. My parents divorced so that is why I have two differant houses with two differant routers.

What NAT is:
I was having problems with my NAT even though it claimed to be open. A open NAT means that your connection is very adaptable and should work with everyone elses connection on live. A strict or moderate connection means that you will have problems connecting with certain peoples connections. You can check what your NAT is by going onto the dashboard and checking your xbox live connection.

My problems:
I couldn't join many of my friends and I also could not hear anyone when the game started. When I tried to join people a error message would come up which said that I had a open NAT...but for some reason I still couldn't join.

How did I fix it:
1. Before you waste time with all the technical stuff, just unplug your router and wireless adapter and then plug them back in. This may solve the problem once you let it reboot.
2. Go onto bungie.net and search for compatible wireless routers for xbox live. If your router isn't on the list, then you will probably need to get a differant brand.
3. I called 1-800-4MY-BOX and I told them about my problem. They said that I should call dlink (The router I was using) and tell them to walk me through a firmware update. This kinda sucked because i had to plug everything directly into my computer, but the update did solve most of my problems. However, it still wasn't perfect! Sad
4. I called xbox support again and they told me to contact dlink again and tell them to open some ports. The xbox support people provided me with a few numbers to give to the dlink technical support. This also had to be done with everything directly connected to the computer. After the ports were open on my router, everything was working fine.

That is what I did to fix my NAT problems. If my suggestions don;t work...then I dunno what you should do. lol

I hope that helped Havoc

Most recent Photoshop project:

Feel free to PM me if you want me to make a custom signature for you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IceIsNice
Private
Private

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2008-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Open NAT?   Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:12 pm

I have a wireless linksys router, and the way I opened my ports was...ummm...I don't remember. I did it before I got my 360 for my PS3, and I got the info on the PS3 forums. Even if you don't own one, you should check it out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Havoc
Forger
Forger

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Open NAT?   Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Well see I have a belkin but everything is wired. Nothing is wireless. I've forwarded the ports and all that but it doesn't work. I'm not sure what else to do. I might call that 4 my box number but i'm not sure what they can do to help x_x!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open NAT?   

Back to top Go down

Open NAT?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1